top of page

Which Ombudsman do you need to call?


Since our group is actively opposing legislation that erodes the Long-term Care Ombudsman program and there are families, let's make sure everyone understands which ombudsman office serves what facilities. Regardless of the facility your loved one resides in, YOU SHOULD STILL CONTACT YOUR LEGISLATORS regarding SB652 and HB4220 because you can bet that since the Long-term Care Ombudsman Program is the most active advocacy program of the three listed here and because provider groups know each other and communicate, limitations on the Long-term Care Ombudsman Program in Texas will affect the evolution of how ombudsmen respond in all facilities.

  1. The LONG-TERM CARE OMBUDSMAN PROGRAM advocates for and help protect the quality of life of anybody who lives in a nursing facility or an assisted living facility. Phone - 800-252-2412

  2. The OFFICE OF THE INDEPENDENT OMBUDSMAN's responsibility is to protect the rights of people who live at SSLCs (PDF). Phone - 877-323-6466 Report suspected abuse or neglect - 800-252-5400

  3. The IDD OMBUDSMAN OF HHS is there to answer questions and help you resolve complaints about the Home and Community-based Services (HCS) program, the Texas Home Living (TxHmL) program, or local IDD authority services. 800-252-8154, choose language, select option 3 and then press 8

Links to the three ombudsmen programs for facilities are available on this website. Just click the RESOURCES tab.

5 views0 comments


bottom of page